Over the process of evolution, the female sex has developed several mechanisms to select a mate who would be right for her. These may not have been very obvious in times and societies where women were or still are not allowed to choose partners, but where you live it is highly likely that your pretty, butter-won’t-melt-in-my-mouth date is actually subjecting you to a secret test. So read on the following tactics that most women use while dating in order to evaluate where or not you are boyfriend material.
- Seeing if you are ‘present’You may be physically with your date but thoughts can still be far away from the person sitting before you. One of the first tests that a woman will subject to you is to find out whether you are really with her. She will notice if how much eye contact you are making and if you are fidgeting with your cell phone or drumming the table with your fingers. All these are signs that you are distracted or bored and if a woman finds you display them, you can kiss all your chances of seeing her again goodbye unless she’s really fallen hard for you already. Even if you are not thinking about anyone else, you may be so busy worrying about your next move or agonizing over what to do or say next that you could again come off as occupied or worse, aloof and dismissive. So when you are keen to impress a woman, make sure that you keep your thoughts in the present, make eye contact with her so that she knows that you are cued in on what she is saying and doing.
- Asking you umpteen number of questionsThe first or even second date is the time when you are getting to know each other. It may seem only natural that your partner should ask you all about your background, education, family, work and lifestyle. However it could be that she is doing this to see how much of an open book you can be. If you answer all her questions promptly and that too in great detail, she will have known all that there is to know about you – and that is a sure-shot way to douse any spark of excitement between prospective partners. Rather when you find your date testing you by throwing umpteen number of questions at you, pick the ones that you want to answer or those that seem reasonable at this stage. If she points out that you didn’t respond to her other queries, playfully turn the question-and-answer back to her and make a witty remark about it.
- Seeing how much you agree with herSometimes a woman may introduce controversial topics into the conversation and seem to take a rigorous stand purely to test you. She may even change sides at the blink of an eye and appear to support the other extreme. This could be a way to see how much you are willing to agree with her on a range of issues. If she finds eager to bend backwards to chime in with her or purposefully taking contrary positions, you could be dismissed as being a weakling in the first case or unnecessarily argumentative in the second. Rather express what you genuinely feel about a controversial issue but do so in terms which are diplomatic and subtle. Avoid using harsh or abusive language no matter how strongly you feel about an issue and how much she appears to share your viewpoint. For all you know, the woman may be testing your intellectual and emotional maturity as relevant to religious, gender, political or monetary issues.
- Seeing how you treat othersMany smart women believe in the adage that when you want to know the person behind appearances, see how he treats those in a weaker position. This test of character actually applies to both men and women but in a conventional date it is men who come more often under the scanner since they are directly dealing with waitresses, chauffeurs, ushers and so on. Your date will keep a keen eye on how you are speaking to the person who is taking your orders at the restaurant or how you are behaving with the cab-driver when he has forgotten to give you back the correct change. If you come off as brash, stingy or a show-off, it is likely she will have second thoughts about meeting you again. So when you are interacting with others on your date, be courteous and considerate to all those who are serving you and even if the service is not up to the mark, handle the matter politely and with a cool head. Your date will not only be impressed by your graciousness but also by your conflict-resolving skills.
- Seeing if you are thoughtfulBeing thoughtful about your partner is much more than arriving for a date with flowers or taking her to an expensive restaurant. Apparently minor gestures like holding the door open for her or making a nice comment on her dress will go a long way in making her feel special. However over the course of first few dates, a woman will throw in small bits of information for instance, her mom’s birthday which is round the corner or the fact that her she Backstreet Boys used to be her favorite band. Then she will wait to see if you have rung up her mother to wish the lady Happy Birthday or whether you make use of music by the band in any way to court her. She could also mention in passing that her favorite flowers are forget-me-nots and that she likes travelling to beach towns. All these are ways to test you and see how well you remember her likes and dislikes. And while they may appear rather insignificant when compared to the grander questions of love and passion, it is all part of a woman’s astute way of finding out if two people are really compatible with each other.